- Get connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Most people have a wireless network in the residence and even though a smartphone has cellular connection to the Web, your data strategy could be limited. That signifies you run the threat of paying overage fees if you exceed the amount of information permitted by your carrier. Even if you have an limitless strategy, it’s probably that your residence network is faster than the phone’s cellular network, so connecting to your residence Wi-Fi network can increase the smartphone knowledge.
- Buy a second battery. Even the greatest smartphones can run via a battery in under a day, especially the much more you rely on your device for the net, apps and telephone calls. No matter what mobile device I purchase, but specially with smartphones, I obtain a second battery if achievable. I often maintain the spare charged and I attempt to rotate the batteries on a everyday basis as nicely, so they put on down evenly over time. It never ever hurts to get a car charger for your smartphone, either.
- Manage up your email. Even though text messaging is 1 of the most utilized and well-known applications of a phone, staying on leading of your e mail on the go is a large benefit as well. Regardless of whether or not you use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or some other email provider, it’s a protected bet that your smartphone will support it. Of course, some of us don’t want to be buried in mail or checking our Inbox every single 5 minutes. In that case, check to see if your phone has a setting to schedule email synchronization for certain times: this way, you can limit the time frame that your smartphone will verify for mail. Or much better but, set the telephone to only check for e-mail when you manually tell it to in your e-mail application.
- Install Google Voice. Even though your new smartphone has a phone quantity supplied by the carrier, take into account getting a second number for free, courtesy of Google. The organization will give you a phone number that’s nearby to you but Google Voice is so a lot much more than a number. For Android handsets, BlackBerrys and iPhones, there’s a Google Voice app that lets you make free of charge calls, decreasing the require to use these carrier minutes. Google Voice also performs as a wise voicemail system: callers leave a message which gets recorded but also transcribed. These messages can be sent to your smartphone as texts or emails. Plus you can schedule instances when you want your calls to automatically go to voicemail. There’s much more to the service and if you are unsure of its worth.
- Get some apps! One of the largest benefits you will likely locate with a new smartphone is how straightforward it is to locate and set up useful apps. To get you started, Ranging from easy news and climate titles to advanced apps that can shoot your location to buddies and family, or apps that can manage your property DVR. Watch out even though: following you get a couple of basic apps on your phone, it is simple to keep adding more, which put make a severe dent in your wallet!
Title: Just Got a New Smartphone? Here’s What to Do First!
Rating: 910109 Votes
Rating: 910109 Votes
Posted by: Admin Updated at: 7:43 PM